ZiMedcode is a medical coding training institute provides a tailor made coding training program to the individuals to equip them to start their career in the business side of health care industry.
Our faculty Rashmi Joy John, BPT, CPC, CIC has more than 11 years of hands-on experience in the coding industry and carries an in depth knowledge on Medical terminology, Anatomy, Physiology and various coding specialties . She has trained more than 200 candidates in various specialties for both physician as well as hospital coding. Also she has designed the certification training curriculum and provided training for more than 200 coders to acquire their CPC as well as CPC-H certification from AAPC, with Dell Perot Systems she was also involved in proctoring the AAPC exams conducted in Chennai.
Medical Coding Jobs have become very lucrative in recent times. To get into this profession it is mandatory that we understand the subject. Medical coding is the process of converting diseases, treatments and procedures in medical documents in the form of standardized numeric and alpha numeric codes for the purpose of insurance claims. It is a technical job and thus it is an amazing career option. On the other hand Healthcare providers need efficient and knowledgeable medical coders for HIPAA Complaint claims filing and reimbursements. It is researched that Medical Coding will generate three million new jobs and that’s quite a lot, compared to the availability of jobs in other sectors. All students who are from medical science, paramedical and life sciences graduates, postgraduates, microbiologists, students of Zoology, Biology, Nutrition, and Dietetics can take up this line of study and opt for this career.
This excellent opportunity enhances your career by attaining the following Certifications:
AAPC : (American Academy of Professional Coders)
- CPC- Certified Professional Coder.
- CPC-H – Certified Professional Coder – Hospital.
- CPC-P – Certified Professional Coder – Payer
AHIMA : (American Health Information Management Association)
- CCS- Certified Coding Specialist.
- CCS-P – Certified Coding Specialist – Physicians..
- When the students pass these tests and get these certifications they are recognized as professional coders in the industry which reflects in their remuneration and designations.
- The employment opportunities for specialists in medical coding are increasing continuously. The reasons contributing to this spurt in the opportunities for such professionals is because there has been an increase in the number of coding audits to put a check on the frauds conducted in the coding practices. Substantiating this, there has been a rise in the rules regarding the maintenance of privacy of the records of health information.
- Due to the acceleration in so many related activities it has enhanced the demand for medical coders both at the inputting and supervisory levels.
- Therefore aspirants who have the knowledge and the skill to perform these activities are winners all the way!